Mar 30, 2009

Ethics and business

I firmly believe that ethics and morality go before business, any time, even if at times it may be difficult.

If you had visited my blog earlier, you may have noticed there was a video at the bottom. It came from an application which gave an advertisement and then a video from a "channel". For my blog I had chosen Times Now, the TV news channel, because it had interesting news and some pieces about culture or Indian cooking I thought could be interesting for the readers as well.

But a few days ago I received an e-mail from a reader telling me the video being shown was a little "off", meaning immoral. I wrote to the providers asking them not to publish such videos but it seems it was not possible. I thought of giving it a few days...

This morning, when I opened my blog to see a comment which had been posted, I found another video which I thought was not apt for all public... I have removed the widget. It's a pity because there were also interesting news, and in theory I was earning some Rupees through that advertising (perhaps after 10 years I would have been able to buy a new keyboard out of that money!). Goodbye videos on my blog!

Talking about Business Ethics, perhaps you would like to visit and subscribe to this other blog. I subscribed a few weeks ago and seems to be good stuff: Business Ethics Blog, by Chris MacDonald.

Sorry for the pause in posts about the legal process, but the last two posts have come out somehow spontaneously. Next post will be about the forms 1, 18 and 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment