Nov 12, 2008

The beginning of the venture

I graduated from Electronics Engineering in Mumbai University on June 2006. One year earlier, I had decided not to go for the placements offered at Campus in my College (CRCE), because sincerely, I thought I was not interested on the kind of jobs they were offering (basically, they were just about coding for big companies in which you become one more in the crowd of Engineers).

Admittedly, later on I went for the placement process of a couple of companies which came late for placements, but mainly so as to know what it all was about. I was called in for a couple of interviews and from the beginning I had to tell them I was not really interested in the job; then had good fun talking for a while to the recruiting people and answering their questions... after that, goodbye.

Few months after I left College (which I mainly spent studying and working with an NGO), I received an e-mail from Luis, a friend in Spain whom I met in 2003 when I went to Madrid for a studies trip. He was interested in opening a branch of his company in India (he had no clue about which city or anything of the sort) and had thought of me... after a long series of contacts he managed to get hold of my e-mail id and write me. Being an entrepreneur has been attractive to me since I was a child.

After a one-month trip in January 2007 to Madrid to know his company (which came up to be much smaller than I had thought, but growing a lot), I came back to Bombay ready to put up a team of developers to give technical support to Luis' company, which is specialized in the e-learning sector and has a leading LMS (Learning Management System) in Spain used by many of the largest corporations over there.

The target was that, by 2008 we would have a development office in India with about 30 full-time developers, plus some 70 people working as freelancers for us...

1 comment:

  1. Hey..Its a great inspiration for everyone especially the youngsters.
    Keep it up...Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete