Nov 27, 2008

Terror attacks in Mumbai


Last night I happened to be working late on e-mails, while waiting for Peter. He was supposed to check out from the Taj Mahal Hotel in Colaba by 10 pm; we would then come to my house to drop a parcel and from here go to the airport to catch his plane back to his country. Then, we got a call from another friend, informing us of the events going on in the city and it was not hard to guess that Peter was still trapped in the hotel. After a very intense night, thank God now he is safe and resting.

It is really sad to see the amount of terrorism that is going on in the world and very particularly in India itself. Violence cannot be justified by any reason and especially terrorism is a form of violence which goes beyond any limit.

I don't know which their reasons for doing this were, and you can be sure that I do not agree with what they have done. But, if something should be learnt from the terrorists, is their capacity and efficiency with which they planned and executed their attack. I'd wish that all of us were able to work with the same intensity and effort as they did, but for good causes and through good and legal means.

I really hope I'm not misunderstood here. What I mean is that, if there were many more entrepreneurs in the world who worked with the same eagerness to achieve their goals as the terrorists do, but using means which are legal, charitable, socially responsible, and full of other values, I'm sure the world would improve in matter of no time.

Similarly, I'd like that entrepreneurs would learn from the policemen last night; especially of course, those who gave their lives in combat. Certainly, entrepreneurs will not go to die in an encounter, but we should be willing to spend our lives working hard to create more business. If this effort is done not thinking just of oneself, but thinking of society as the policemen were doing last night, their reach in helping society would be as great, even if less known to others.

I know this post is a little off the line of the other posts, but I thought it would be great if all of us bloggers came out to say how we condemn terrorism and what should be done about it... this is my small contribution towards that.

No comments:

Post a Comment